Your Site Load Speed
Site load speed is the velocity at which your website opens to visitors, and today, the faster the better. Visitors to your site have a tendency to click-through if your page doesn’t open to essential information within a few seconds. In many cases, 2-3 seconds is the limit of visitors’ patience. Conversions are lost because visitors lose interest before they can view your products.
A Matter Of Milliseconds
Evidence suggests that every millisecond – one-tenth of a second – consumers wait for your website to load generates a 1% loss of sales. Multiplied over the course of an hour, potential lost sales, revenues and profits – the benefits of conversion – can be enormous. Equally as important is the possibly permanent loss of consumer interest.
- your opportunity to interest potential customers in whatever your eCommerce site has to offer,
- a frequent occurrence if a website is as little as 1/2-second too slow.
- the keywords, headlines, images and calls-to-action (CTA) you worked so diligently to formulate, organize and display –
- may never be viewed, because slow site load speed convinced visitors to look elsewhere.
Your return on investment (ROI) is then doubly minimized. You lose money not only through lost sales, but also on what you spent making the site visitor-ready. Not only will you require a site load speed
- sufficiently fast to hold visitors’ attention, but also
- sufficiently scalable to accommodate traffic spikes potentially numbering in the millions.
Inbound marketing agencies like Powered by Search (PbS) recognize the utility of speedier site-loading for search engine optimization (SEO) and improved conversion rates. WordPress (WP) EverCache software is one of the most reliable providers of these services.
Improving ROI and Conversions
Site-optimization through responsive web design (RWD) leads to increased ROI and a higher conversion rate. One reason is the enhanced load speed that results from RWD, which allows greater mobile access andarrow Your Site Load Speed Dictates Your Conversion Rates connections with all digital devices. Clients report increased traffic of as much as 32% following a PbS audit, resulting in faster site loading, more conversions-per-visit and better ROI.
- quicker site load time and
- a higher incidence of visitor interest and return
- compels developing faster load processes to remain competitive.